As an implementation expert in the Openlink Endur marketplace, capSpire helps clients attain maximum value from their trading and risk systems.
Our commitment to delivering the right solution ensures success. Our firm was built around a core of commodity trading system architects and career-long implementation experts. We possess the knowledge and expertise required for big challenges, and have a track record for executing projects on time and on budget.
Unrivalled Endur Expertise
At capSpire, we have impacted and influenced clients across virtually every component of Openlink Endur. Many of our consultants are former Openlink employees and have served in a variety of roles on Openlink Endur projects, such as functional and technical consultants, developers, technical architects, product managers and solution architects.
- Our unparalleled upgrade experience covers every version of Openlink Endur currently in production (v10.1 through v17) across the Openlink client base.
- capSpire’s resources have delivered some of the most complex client implementations, upgrades, environment consolidation and separation, project remediations, and functional addition projects.
- Our team has worked across virtually all industries and asset classes in most regions of the world, and have obtained expertise in business, high-volume transaction management, compliance, tax, and virtually every aspect of implementing Openlink Endur.
Openlink Endur Upgrades
Upgrades are a specialty of capSpire, and our team has assisted with many successful upgrades. We ensure client upgrades are well planned, meticulously tested, and successfully deployed, and that all business changes are communicated. The capSpire Upgrade Framework performs the following:
- Assessment of current functional and technical implementation
- Early focus on technical upgrade testing (TUT) followed by a review of new functional capabilities in the new version and deprecated functionality requiring a “shift to the new”
- Review of client/vendor preparatory efforts for an upgrade (e.g., TUT, release and technical notes, version evaluation, etc.) to establish the significance of business/functional changes and deprecated functional capabilities impacting the client
- Identify opportunities to leverage new and existing core software capabilities
- Review and deploy capSpire or client test approach
- Collaborate with the vendor to ensure that communication for any product issues are identified and resolved during the upgrade
- Establish a cutover plan with mock go-live processes and hyper-care period post go-live
Implementing new Openlink Endur systems can be a complex process. capSpire leverages deep project and system expertise within our team to ensure a smooth transition for your business. Change management is an important element of implementing CTRM systems and is one of many ways capSpire transfers our knowledge and expertise into a tangible asset that can boost your bottom line. capSpire services include the following:
- Establishment of a program office dedicated to project/program management
- Development of detailed project plans with realistic milestones
- Definition and modelling of client-specific business scenarios, including complex-priced transactions.
- Establishment of reporting practices that mitigate project risks.
- Enactment of a complete test program
- Delivery of required integration touchpoints between the trading system and your internal and external applications.
- Establishment of a reporting strategy, potentially using capSpire’s analytics platform, based on long-term needs for trend-based reporting.
- Creation of an internal-resource-allocation plan, training program and transition to the internal support team.
Our philosophy is one of “first principles.” Each project should begin with a discussion of current vs. desired business processes so that we can mutually understand the preferred outcome and accurately evaluate the solution. This is the essence of evaluating and improving the business process. This philosophy resonates through our talented team and is embedded in every project capSpire execute.
- We at capSpire are experts at process analysis in the Openlink Endur space because we have seen what works and, perhaps more importantly, what does not
- Our expertise, combined with a deep understanding of commodities, business processes, and systems, puts capSpire in a unique position to help address business process issues, whether it’s defining a book structure, crafting credit and risk policies, or streamlining volume actualization to invoicing processes, capSpire has the perspective and expertise to help our clients successfully optimize Openlink solutions.
Technical and Functional Expert Training
As part of any implementation, capSpire offers functional and technical training beyond what traditional CTRM vendors provide. Ours is a unique model that leads the CTRM industry in transitioning clients through the go-live phase and ensuring the success of internal support teams.
- Our team provides deep insights into establishing the Openlink Endur database and network environment and configuring hardware and systems.
- capSpire shares best practices for custom development and client-based technical development.
- We offer overviews of capabilities for Openlink Endur components and reveal industry-leading practices for making decisions about commodities, components, and configuration across trade capture, credit and risk-limit management, risk management, logistics, compliance, invoicing/settlements, accounting, and other core processes.
- capSpire can customize training sessions from half-day to two-week programs, depending on your needs and the content of your existing training program(s).
Managed Services and Production Support
capSpire offers a unique model that leads the CTRM industry in production support. We can work off-site in a fractional model or sit next to you to provide on-site support. Our clients partner with us to leverage our deep knowledge and expertise to keep systems operational and fine-tuned. Together, we optimize the long-term value of your system. Here are a few examples of how capSpire helps industry leaders:
- Support custom solutions and extensions of the Openlink Endur system
- Tune and optimize system performance, including system health checks
- Develop new reports, interfaces, or other technological solutions
- Facilitate resolution of software issues with the vendor
- Train users and document business processes as performed in the Openlink Endur system
- Assist with end-of-month/end-of-quarter/end-of-year close processes and procedures
- Develop reporting solutions that provide time-based data repositories and support trend analysis
- Transition knowledge and system expertise to your IT team and user base
- Support IT and business organizations with internal and external audits
Vendor and Custom Extensions
Our team of seasoned veterans develops extensions including Openlink Endur price feeds, interfaces with ICE and CME Gateway, and accounting interfaces with GL systems. We have designed and developed integration touchpoints for:
- Price feeds (ClearView™, Bloomberg™, ICE, ZEMA®)
- Accounting systems (SAP®, Oracle®, PeopleSoft)
- Internal and external trade feeds
- Forecast and actual volumes
- Counterparty, contract, and compliance systems
- Real-time position management front-ends
- Credit and risk-limit systems
Based on your risk requirements, we can assist with the identification to develop a global reporting framework. We have the tools and expertise to build the extensions necessary to optimize physical trading desks, such as contract fee entry, physical scheduling, and accrual reporting.
capSpire’s Openlink Endur Toolkit
As thought leaders, we’ve developed industry best practices for both implementations and upgrades of Openlink Endur system that help to reduce time-consuming tasks during the process. With these best practices, we can help in driving business value along three dimensions:
- Developing and aiding the understanding what the project cost and timeline will be for your organization
- Confirming how quickly your organization can be up and running on an Openlink Endur
- Defining the business benefits of implementing an Openlink Endur system